Below is a list of documents that are required when you apply for a mortgage. However, every situation is unique so, you may be required to provide additional documentation. If you are asked for more information, it is most helpful and much appreciated to, be cooperative and provide the information requested as soon as possible. It will help speed up the application process!
- Name and Contact info for your insurance agent for the property
- Purchase Only: SIGNED sales contract- including all addendums/riders
- Purchase Only: Earnest Money Deposit Check- front and back (showing it has cleared your bank) that you placed on the home
- One (1) full month of most recent pay-stubs with year-to-date earnings
- W-2(s)- from the past two years
- Self Employed Only (those who own 25% or more of a business): All pages and schedules of your personal Federal Tax Returns for the last two (2) years- including all K-1(s) PLUS: Year-to-Date Profit and Loss statement Note: IF you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension as well.
- Retired/Disabled Only: 1099(s)- from the last two (2) years, Annual Award Letters from Agency (ex: Social Security, VA)
If you will use Alimony or Child Support INCOME to qualify OR/ if you are obligated to PAY Alimony or Child Support:
- Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount and duration. If using for INCOME: also provide evidence of receipt of these funds for last year
Source of Funds and Down Payment
- Sale of your existing home - provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence. If your current home is NOT in contract- provide the listing agreement. Note: you must also provide a Settlement/Closing Disclosure Statement prior to closing to evidence the sale, pay-offs and sale proceeds received
- Savings, checking or money market, investment funds - provide copies of bank statements for the last two (2) months OR last Quarter
- Gift Funds: If part of your cash to close will be a recent or future GIFT of cash or GIFT of equity in a property- provide an acceptable Gift Letter stating it is a gift that has no obligation to be repaid AND proof that you have received the funds (front and back of the gift check or the bank statment showing the deposit)
- All borrowers: Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation
Optional: Extra Documents that can Significantly Strengthen your Application
- Retirement (401K and IRA) and other Investments that you can access in the future can serve as extra RESERVES - include two (2) months or most recent Quarter to provide evidence of these reserves assets.